- This map shows which gender has more years of expected education in their country.
- Data was taken from the CIA World Factbook and UNESCO statistics through UNdata.
- Generally, in developed countries, women are most likely to spend more years in education than men. A notable exception is South Korea. The opposite is generally true for low-income countries.
- Middle income countries typically have women receiving more education, or have men and women with an equal number of years.
- France, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Ireland and the Netherlands are major high-income countries where women do not typically receive more years of education than men.
Other maps I made: