- This map shows a circle where slightly over 50% of the wealth in the United States is located. Wealth referes to "It refers to the total value of wealth possessed by the citizens of a nation at a set point in time", given by assets minus liabilities.
- The circle includes, from north to south:
- Most of Vermont
- Denser (southern) New Hampshire
- Almost all of New York
- All of Massachusetts
- Rhode Island
- New Jersey
- Northern West Virginia
- Eastern and Northern Virginia
- Small part of eastern Ohio
- Small part of North Carolina
- The District of Columbia
- The area in the circle contains almost exactly 20% of the United States population.
It also contains approximately 26% of the college graduates (bachelor's and above).
- The total wealth in 2013 was estimated by Global Wealth Report at $72.1 trillion.
The highlighted area contains $36.4 trillion of that wealth.
An estimated 65.15 million people live in the circle, of the 317.3 million living in the entire US.
Of the 57.0 million college graduates in the United States, 14.5 million live in the circle.
More cool maps: